George T. Douris Tower
27-40 Hoyt Avenue South
Astoria, New York 11102
Tel (718) 396-5000 or (718) 396-5001
Fax (718) 396-5090
Opened in October 2009, this 15-story, 184 unit apartment building includes an on-site management office, a community room, an exercise room, a library, a crafts room, music and computer rooms, outdoor patio areas, a roof garden a social service office to assist residents, and a full service senior center. It was funded through a combination of low-income housing tax credits, tax exempt bond funds and grants from the New York State Department of Housing and Community Renewal, New York City Council capital grants, as well as grants from the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York, Enterprise Community Partners, Citigroup, and NYSERDA.
Applying for an apartment:
- Send a self-addressed stamped envelope with a completed application
- Once application is received, it will be time and date stamped
- Your application will be assigned a chronological log ID number
- A letter confirming the receipt of your application and your log ID number will be mailed to you
- In order to remain active on the waiting list, applicants are required to mail a letter indicating continued interest in an apartment and indicating any changes in contact information, annually.