Archbishop Iakovos Senior Residence
32-06 21st Street
Astoria, NY 11106
Tel (718) 726-1227
Fax (718) 726-0118
Recognizing the need for housing the elderly of modest means, HANAC opened its first building the Archbishop Iakovos Senior Residence in 1993 to provide 99 affordable housing units to low-income seniors. Since then, and for over 20 years, HANAC has played an ever-expanding role as an affordable housing sponsor for low income families and seniors in New York City.
The Archbishop Iakovos Senior Residence is a 7-story, 100 unit apartment building that includes amenities such as a laundry room, parking lot, garden and recreation community space and a services coordinator. This project is funded with HUD section 202, bond financing and low-income tax credits.
A Service Coordinator is available to all residents to obtain information on social services and entitlements that they may need and be eligible for. We encourage all residents to visit and inquire about available benefits to them; whether it be social aid programs, community activities or residential gathering.
The variety of activities that we organize help the clients feel more empowered and independent by partaking in events that interest them the most. Our understanding and welcoming of diversity has proven invaluable amongst the numerous cultures that our residents come from.
Applying for an apartment:
- Send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your contact information and request for an application
- Once applications are received, they will be time and date stamped
- Your request will be assigned a chronological log ID number
- A letter confirming the receipt of your application and your log ID number will be mailed to you
- In order to remain active on the waiting list, applicants are required to mail a letter indicating continued interest in an apartment and indicating any changes in contact information, annually.